Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And this is the thanks I get!

I finally got a chance to get out to the barn tonight after a week of being stuck in the house, more or less on my butt, crutching to work, and then crutching home to bed. They let us leave work early (with no pay of course) since we weren't very busy so instead of working til 1am, I got a hankering to go to the barn and agreed to go.

Dad wanted to show me the light fixture he had repaired over my yearling stallion prospect's stall so now I have a good view of just what kind of naughty young stallion things he's doing in his stall (just kidding! He's a perfect angel!), so since I had a buddy to come with me, I went out.

The yearling colt gave me the most affectionate, thorough greeting (he is very demonstrative with affection and greets me by calling everytime he sees me), got a great deal of scratches and loving from me. My project mare even gave me a nod when I poked my head in her stall - she is not interested enough in people to want to actually come over to me and be friendly, but she did acknowledge my presence and act like she thought she might come to visit me. My four year old stood stock still while I crutched into her tie stall and rubbed her all over.

When I got to TOEH's stall, he had his hind end to the door and was eating hay in the back. He swung his head around with his blind eye toward me to "look" at me. I moved to the other side of his rear, and he turned to look at me with his good eye. No interest in visiting. I couldn't turn him around from the doorway - despite much vocal pleading and even attempting to direct him with a crutch (quiet, I told you!), he just was not interested at all!

Stupid men!

The good news is I am due off these crutches Sunday/Monday depending on how I feel. Am going to schedule a checkup with my family doctor and see what she says and HOPEFULLY I can get five or ten minutes of saddle time in early next week, play it by ear from there on out. I MISS RIDING!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mandy,

I tried to contact you through youtube but they were working on it so I couldn't post anything, grrr.

Why don't you come on over to Multiply.com and set up a page there. I have run into some real nice horse ppl there who have similar interest.

Look me up under my3arabs at multiply.com